Sunday, June 1, 2008

Getting ready for Father's Day!

As June rolls around I start thinking about Father's Day, I'm sure most others do too. My dad's birthday is also right around the holiday so I generally send 2 cards. Last year was a triple whammy for him: Dad's birthday, Father's Day, and his first official day of retirement were all on the 17th! I decided to combine the SCS color challenge (CC168) and Ways to Use It challenge (WT167) for this card. I've never done a trifoldy card like this one nor had I used the horses in the Wanted set either so it was like four challenges in one. I like how it turned out and I think my dad will too.

I also made my dad this little wallet. I've been seeing several renditions of a wallet here on the internet, but when I was ready to make this one, my kids were busy on the computer so I just winged it. Most of the wallets I had seen looked as though they had been actually stitiched. My sewing machine needs service and I havent' tried sewing on cardstock yet so I improvised. I used a Chocolate Chip marker and template to make the little dots and then used a Close to Cocoa marker to draw a thin line through all the dots. Looks like stitiching. Again I used the CC168 color challenge. I "monogramed" his initials on the front with gold embossing powder. I thought about making some fake bills to put inside... wouldn't that be a change, heeheehee, me giving him money! I ended up not doing that but it would have been funny.

The inside has four pockets with pull out cards. Photos of the kids will go on these. The colors for these projects were Sage Shadow, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla. I also used Close to Cocoa paper for the wallet. I used Outlaw DSP too. I sponged Chocolate Chip around the edges and on the front and back to give it a worn look. I hope he likes this card too.

Tomorrow I'll post some other challenge cards I made earlier today. Challenges are fun!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!