Saturday, June 28, 2008

No Stampin' on Saturday

Yay! I finally found some time to craft. I spent last weekend and this week cleaning and fixing up my house and it looks really good right now. I will continue working on it but at least it is presentable to guests. My bunco party was a hit and everyone seemed to have a great time.

I found a blog, Our Creative Corner that was referenced from another blog and there was a fun challenge on it - use Basic Grey paper on your project. I love Basic Grey paper and will probably make a few more projects before the challenge deadline on July 4. I made this card using a sketch from 2 Sketches 4 You. So I am combining 2 challenges as usual.

I used Bazzil cardstock, Parasol from the Lilykate collection by Basic Grey. Stampin' Up! rubons were used for the sentiment, other flowers, and butterfly. Then I put rhinestones by Marcella in the flower centers. The ribbon is Making Memories and the charm is a mystery. I've had it for a long time.

A co-worker asked me to make a wedding card for him to give to his cousin. I wanted to make a card taht was not too froufrou cuz my co-worker is a guy and his cousin is a guy, however I wanted the bride to like it too. So I made two cards for him to choose from. The first is based on a sketch by Beate (Fresh and Fun) and uses Spring Silhouette DSP by SU, the other embellishments are by K&Company. I used Soft Sky, Creamy Caramel, and Shimmery White. The layer of Creamy Caramel just barely peaks out from the top layer and I wanted to mimic the glittered borders on the embellishment so I used a bit of glue and glittered up the edges. Lastly I used generic satin ribbon as dividers.

I like this card for a spring or summer wedding. The embellishment says "always and forever". Both cards turned out fairly well considering I put them together really quickly while I was takng a cleaning break and I was super tired. I wasn't sure this was manly enough so I went on to the second card and used a much strong color combination.

The next card is made from Old Olive textured cardstock and Basic Grey cardstock. I added a simple line of paper piercing along the right and bottom edge. The embellished paper is from my local scrapbooking shop, Arts and Scraps. It came in an approx. 18x18 size sheet. It is gorgeous! It's offwhite and pearlescent. The flower is an embellishment from K&Company and the sentiment is a Basic Grey rubon. This is the card my co-worker selected.

Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. Your cards are so beautiful and elegant Desiree - AND you made it by 45min :) Great job on doing the sketch this week :)
    Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your card is so pretty, all of your cards are so pretty, great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty cards! Love your card for the sketch this week!

    ~Lea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!