Monday, August 25, 2008

I survived PTC!!!

Portland to Coast is touted as the "Mother of All Relays". It's 129 miles walking from downtown Portland to the beach at Seaside. Those who know me know that I am super out of shape and should not be walking the long legs of this relay, which I did. Next year I am picking the short legs!!!! Anyway, we have a team of twelve Wonder Women in two vans and we trek through night and day handing the baton off from person to person until we cross the finish line. We feel like celebrities because so many people comment on our costumes and ask to take our picture. When we pull to the side of the road to cheer on our walker, we treat everyone to a dance routine set to the Wonder Woman theme song. It is a ton of fun!

After a lot of rest I managed to put together these two cards. Both are based on a recent "sketch for you to try" at Jen's blog. I love her sketches. Both cards use the same color scheme and stamp sets. The colors I used are Kiwi Kiss, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White, and Baja Breeze. On the second card I also used Tangerine Tango. The stamp sets were Eastern Blooms. Inspired by Nature, and Embrace Life. I misted the Whisper White cardstock with water before stamping to get the watercolor look. I also distresssed the edges of all the layers. Both flowers were made with two layers of the flower cut out and adhered together. On card two, I layered the Tangerine blossom on a fabric flower that was dyed with Old Olive. Of the two cards, card one is definitely my favorite.

Thanks for stopping by. Please check out my web site for lots of cool specials from Stampin' Up! and me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!