Saturday, November 15, 2008

I'm excited!!!

Wow!!! My Thanksgiving Book (one post down) was a featured runner-up for Book of the Week on Card of the Week.com. Check it out here!

Here's a little card that I whipped up last night. I wanted to get this dont in time for Kazan's sketch challenge, but I don't think I made it....

I rarely make square cards but I thought it would be good for this sketch. I really love the vibrant colors in the Haiku Designer Series papers: Pumpkin Pie, So Safron, More Mustard, and Old Olive. The Eastern Blooms set goes perfectly with this paper. Every flower has been embossed before being cut out. You'll never guess that I used the poinsettia from Season of Joy on the Olive DSP - clear embossed, sponged with Old Olive and then cut out - for the leaves. I can't remember where the rick rack is from - I pulled it out of my ribbon bin.

Enjoy your Sunday!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your toot! I had a look at your TG/Book and it IS cute! Love the card too. My new thing is square cards - seem to work for me and this one totally works with the sketch too.
    Thanks for playing
    Hugs
    Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, the colors are beautiful. I checked out your TG book and it is Gorgeous! Congrats : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colors and card! Great job with the sketch!

    ~Lea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card and congrats on your book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I love the autumny colored flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!