Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Progressive scrapbook pages

Wow, I've been away for over a week.... Well, in my defense, it was my birthday week! I was super busy every night with massage, bunco, dinner out, and my sweet friend, Jennifer's 40th surprise party! What a fun and busy week! I am 45 now and this past Sunday I called my best friend from junior high/high school, Sigrid. Way back when we were 20, 45 seemed like a million years away and people (our parents) that age were so old! I love chatting with her because it really brings me back to my younger, carefree years.

I've spent the last few nights getting ready for Saturday's open house. Yep, I am still working on that. I will be happily putting away my Always stamp set soon and breaking out some NEW rubber!!! Mr. Brown visited today!

Meanwhile, here is a progressive scrapbooking set of pages. First I started out with a 3x6 card. Very simple. The color combo I used is Rose Red, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White and Basic Black.
Next, I expanded that to a 6x6 scrapbooking page. I love this size for smaller albums for single events or short periods of time. I added Pink Pirouette wide grosgrain ribbon in the corners of the photos.
Then I placed the 6x6 onto an 8.5x11 page and added embellishments and a title. The title is stamped with the Contempo Alphabet. I also added a journaling block. The patterned paper is the Rose Red Designer Series Paper. I also added more Pink Pirouette grosgrain ribbon.
Last of all, I incorporated the 8.5x11 page into a 12x12 page which is my favorite size for albums. The Whisper White base is textured cardstock. Of course, I wasn't paying attention and adhered everything to the wrong side.... What a dork!Luckily it peeled off fairly easily. I used three chipboard frames that are inked in Rose Red for the smaller photos and the dahlia flower. I had this irritating gap that I could not get rid of so it grew a black grosgrain stem. At the bottom are chipboard letters covered in more Rose Red DSP.

So, I have a couple more cards to make, goody bags for my guests, put my display together, and a few more odds and ends. Then Saturday it will just be fun, fun, fun!!!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Happy stamping!

Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!