Friday, April 3, 2009

Use a little, keep a little...

Hello fellow paper hoarders... you know who you are! Susan Roberts (Rainy) is a self-admitted paper hoarder... just like the rest of us she buys oh-so-pretty papers and then can't bear to use them. Yeah, that's why I have a gajillion papers packed into my craft area! Well, Susan posted this blog about dividing those gorgeous 12x12 sheets into four 6x6 pieces. Now she can use some and still have some left over to keep for that "very special project in the future." She came up with a great one sheet wonder using a 6x6 sheet and a sketch to go with it and created 4 great cards --- take a look at her blog!

Here are my cards based on her formula. They are definitely not as beautiful as her cards. The first set I worked on was Real Red, Whisper White and Sahara Sand. It was late and I really didn't put much thought into it. I used a Cuttlebug paisley embossing folder (I like them WAY better then the Sizzix texture plates) and a sheet of 6x6 DSP from last year's Level 1 Hostess Paper pack. The stamp set is called Lovely Labels stamped in Real Red on Whisper White then punched with a circle punch and layered on Sahara Sand that was punched with the scallop circle. I also punched little 1/16" holes all around. Linen thread and a white eyelet were used for embelishments.

The second card is much better I think. I used Bella Bleu DSP and Not Quite Navy, Very Vanilla and Bordering Blue cardstocks. Here I did use the Damask Sizzix texture plate. I love this stamp from the Cute and Curly set and I stamped it in Not Quite Navy then punched it out using the corresponding punch. The Not Quite Navy layer was handcut. I added Very Vanilla 5/8" grosgrain ribbon as the final touch.

Happy Friday!!!

Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!