Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Flowers and trucks and bears, oh my!

Pretty soon I'll be teaching a 3D card class. These are my samples. This one is my favorite! I used the Live with Passion set which was perfect to make a garden scene. The base is Old Olive cardstock.

It's an 8x8 square scored at 4" both ways. Score a diagonal line from the center to one corner. Then cut one of the score lines from the edge to center - see diagram.

The background is Kraft stamped with Old Olive and the flowers are stamped on Confetti White. I inked the flowers in Crushed Curry, then colored the stems with an Old Olive marker and sponged the flower centers with Chocolate Chip.

After cutting out the flowers, I played around with the placement and which ones will be popped out. I cut thin little strips (1/8 x 1") of Kraft and folded thim in a zigzag shape then adhered them to the backs of the leaves/flowers.

Adhere the two flaps together to make the sides. Now the diagonal score line will fold up and the card will now fit into an A2 envelope.

The second card was made with the Look Here Sizzix die in Bermuda Bay and Rich Razzleberry. I used the Loads of Love set for the image and colored with chalks and markers. There is a spot that will hold a gift card or in this case a truck! In this case, the cardstock is so bright that the truck is lost - it looks much better in person.

Since this will be a class, I tended to keeping this one simple in the interest of time. However I can imagine all kinds of fun things that could be done to spice up a card made with this die.

The third card is a shadow box card. Take two equal sized cardstock pieces and score at .5 and 1" on each side. Create your scene - I used the Under the Stars set and colored with watercolor crayons. I wish that I had used Creamy Caramel for the front piece of cardstock. I used Confetti White for the back piece of cardstock.
That's it for tonight! Oh, and Stampin' Up! softened it's restriction just a bit so I don't have to delete as many blogs off my blogroll as initially required. Regardless, the post where I've listed my favorite blogs will always be just a click away in the "labels" section.

Have a great day!!! Happy crafting!
Desiree

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous cards! I especially love the first one! Great folds! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!