Saturday, October 24, 2009

Halloween Hoot - Acetate Box

This is a great box to make for Halloween. Although mine is filled with kisses, imagine it filled with chocolate eyeballs or gummy fingers!

The instructions to make this box are on Splitcoaststampers. The bottom of the box is Basic Black cardstock. I stamped the sign and frog in black stazon then colored them with markers. I cut them out and glued them on to the box.

The top of the box is Old Olive cardstock witha ribbon tied around the top. I made a crunched up flower for the very top. Cut a 2x6 inch strip of Cast-a-Spell dsp. Then cut fringe all along the long edge about 1 1/2 in. Roll it up and glue the end. Bend the fringe outward then crunch it up. Next I used an x-acto knife to cut a criss-cross in the top (I pushed a pencil through to make it easier to insert the fringe flower).

The green ooze is made with Crystal Effects. Lay out a piece of wax paper and glob out the CE in the shape of ooze. I made sure to make it about 8 inches. Then I sprinkled it with Dazzling Diamonds and colored it with drops of Old Olive reinker. Let it dry overnight. Peel it off and glue it on to the acetate just below the Old Olive lid.

Isn't it a cute box?

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. I enjoy sharing with you.
Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!