Monday, March 8, 2010

Bird and bloom

Here's a little birdhouse card that I cased from this card. This will be one of three cards we'll be making at a class I am having in early April. I am adding another project as well that will be made from the bird On Board chipboard available in the Occasions Mini catalog.

The Old Olive strip is a bellyband that holds the card closed. The roof flips up and the front of the card flips down to reveal an area to write your note. This is the first time that I've used the new bird punch. I love the new punch design that Stampin' Up! now offers. Great spacesaver and easy to use.

Just home from bookclub. We had a great discussion about Moloka'i. It was a really good book. We all learned a lot about a subject that we didn't know much about. It also spans almost 100 years so it was interesting to read about the progression of inventions and how they came to this leper colony. The Hawaiian culture was something I didn't know much about either and I enjoyed reading about that too. 

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find some time to be creative!
Desiree

Supplies
Stamps: Whimsical Words
Paper: Chocolate Chip and Old Olive cardstock, Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper 
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Tools: Bird Punch, Circle Punch, Scallop Edge Punch, Scissors

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!