Friday, January 25, 2013

Warm scarf and wristlets

My daughter, Lilly, moved to Wyoming and is now freezing her little tushy off. So I thought I would whip out my knitting needles and knit a scarf and fingerless gloves as one of her Christmas gifts. It’s been a LONG time since I’ve attempted knitting anything and it wasn’t long before I realized that crocheting was the way to go on this project.

I did a bunch of searching online before I settled on this pattern on the Red Heart Web site. Then I found a nice purple yarn on sale (score!) at Craft Warehouse 

scarf and wristlets

The pattern was ranked as easy and I liked the design. Instead of fingerless gloves, the pattern was for wristlets. I actually messed up a little on the pattern – it’s been years since I’ve picked up a crochet hook. Even though I watched a bunch of YouTube videos, I missed the difference between single and double crochet stitches. Yikes! Luckily you can’t really tell that I didn’t completely follow the pattern.

I also made her a set of heart-shaped hand warmers. I found the idea on Pinterest. They were so cute that I made a set for Emily and the boyfriends, Kyle and Tyler. They are wool felt, filled with rice. I machine stitched them together and then went around the edge with a blanket stitch using embroidery floss.

SANYO DIGITAL CAMERA

Lil told me that the scarf and wristlets are really warm and she uses them all the time. She wears them with a white coat – I bet that looks striking!

Do you knit or crochet? What do you enjoy making?

Happy crafting!

Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!