Sunday, February 3, 2013

Pretty little candle


candle redoThis started out as a Christmas candle. Frosted glass with a bright red Christmas tree on it. Cute, but doesn’t really match my décor. I thought about giving it to Goodwill, and it even made it to the donation bag a few times. My lovely little Charlotte likes to play in the hall closet where I keep the donation bag and that is how this candle kept finding it’s way back into the house. It must have really wanted to stay here. And if it was going to stay, then it needed a redo!

I cut a piece of music paper to fit then tore the edges. I sprayed it with water and added a little color with sprays and ink and watercolors. After it dried, I sponged the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. Before adhering it to the candle I scraped the red tree off as much as I could.

To embellish, I tied a piece of Baja Breeze seam binding and tucked in a key that I’ve had around for sometime.

glitter bottle and candleAs long as I was sprucing up the candle I thought I would fix up this Starbuck’s Frappuccino bottle Emily saved for me. I mixed ModPodge and light blue paint and put on two good coats. While still wet, I covered with glitter.

The bird is painted and stamped and sponged. Then I added a vintage button, a ribbon rose and a pearl. And a little bit of twine around the top. Pretty!

glitter bottle and candleNow these lovelies are sitting on top of my escritoire next to
a light blue vase filled with dried Hydrangeas.

Have you ever rescued one of your own Goodwill donations?

Thanks for visiting!
Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!