Tuesday, July 16, 2013

12 Tags of 2013–June (a little late)

Early in June I created two tags… then I never got around to posting them…

Happy Second Birthday Charlotte!

Truly, I was really busy. My daughter, Em, decided to have a BBQ at our house for Charlotte’s second birthday. No problem, except that our backyard was not worthy of guests. Since we live in a rental house (in a super crappy neighborhood) I never feel like spending any money making improvements. Em and I are always talking about moving and one day, when I have some extra cash, we ARE going to move! 

Ok, back to the party… we did so much yard work. I bought a ton of flowers and planters and soil and trellises. So many trips to the store. Not only that but we bought a picnic table that we put together and Em stained. Em bought a cute playhouse for Charlotte that we put together. And we bought some patio furniture. I haven’t had a decent backyard in quite a long time. The party was a success except for the cupcakes. Never, ever, try to make buttercream frosting in 95 degree weather. No fluff, just melty gooeyness. yeah.

June 2013 tag  www.desiree-at-play.blogspot.comNow we can talk about the tag. Take a look at Tim Holtz’s blog for June to see the techniques. He used Distress Markers to create a watercolor effect. It’s really easy to blend the Distress Markers on watercolor paper with a pain brush or aqua brush. I really need to get more of those markers because I only have five (Peeled Paint, Barn Door, Tumbled Glass, Frayed Burlap, and Picket Fence). The Picket Fence marker is great for highlighting. I used the key from the Industrial Blueprint stamp set and stamped it with Black Archival ink on watercolor paper.

For the background I used the Vintage Photo Distress Ink pad, Peeled Paint Distress Stain, and Wild Honey Distress Paint. The stamp is from the Way With Words stamp set. The tag is one that I found on a piece of clothing. I flipped it over and used some words from the Tim’s Chit Chat book. The ribbon is black grosgrain.

June 2013 tag  www.desiree-at-play.blogspot.com
Here is the second tag that I made… I used the On the Grow stamp set from Stampin’ Up! I really enjoyed coloring the flowers. So pretty!

June 2013 tag  www.desiree-at-play.blogspot.comI swiped the tag through Tumbled Glass stain, Spun Sugar paint, and  Frayed Burlap ink.

I wanted a lot of texture on this background so I lightly stamped on a piece of tissue paper, crumpled it up and glued it to the tag. Then I went over it with a very light application of ink.

I added Glossy Accents on the bottle to make it shiny. Ribbons are from Stampin’ Up! and the pearls are from my stash.

June 2013 tag  www.desiree-at-play.blogspot.com

There are so many great markers out there. What markers do you normally use?

Have fun crafting!
Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!