Saturday, January 19, 2008

Birthday Bonanza

Every January I like to have a Birthday Bonanza class because january is my birthday month plus since it's the beginning of the year it seems like a good time to stock up on some cards and packaging to be ready for upcoming birthdays. Last Thursday is when I held this class and we made three sets of cards with matching packaging. The first card was made with the Seeing Spots stamps, On the Spot background, Basic Black and Real Red inks plus red brads. For the wrapping paper we used the matching wheel. The words are from the All Holidays set. I love the red, white, and black combo because it is so striking. I designed the second card using Beate's weekend challenge #30 and the Splitcoast color challenge CC148. We used Time Well Spent, Print Pattern background, Blue Bayou, Barely Bananas, and Wild Wasabi. We stamped a gift bag to match. I love this color combo. You can't really see it but the flower is glittered up a bit. And we used a sponge dauber for the flower centers on the bag. The bag also has a simple topper of Blue Bayou cardstock with the ribbon weaved through it. Last but not least was our Eat Cake card. Along with we made a cake shaped box and a bow to match. Colors used on this set were Purely Pomegranate and Tempting Turquoise. Add a little glitter and you've made a really cute card. I learned how to make the bow on Mary Jo Albright's blog. I can't begin to tell you how talented she is. The cake box is from a template on the Stampin' Up! demonstrators Web site. This weekend I am off to a girl's weekend with my BFFs Susan and Jennifer. We'll be crafting, seeing movies, eating, and best of all giggling! To those of you that visit this blog, thank you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!