Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Always....

"Always" is the most recent stamp set that I've purchased and I just love it. I went to the Splitcoaststampers Web site for some inspiration and I was pleasantly surprised. The four cards shown here are CASE'd from various stampers in the Always gallery. I wanted to make a set so I tried to limit the colors to River Rock, Very Vanilla, Almost Artichoke,and Groovy Guava but then I added Chocolate Chip and Old Olive. Limiting is really hard!!!

I wanted to focus on a different stamp from the set for each card and that worked out pretty well. The DSP that I used is from the Secret Garden Simple Scrappin Kit - I sure loved that kit. Not so much the one in this catalog though.... I also used Baroque Backgrounds which is also retired. Seems like i have a problem using DSP unless it is retired - I'll have to think about my hoarding tendencies.

Various ribbons came into play - even there I couldn't limit myself to just one or two... and the embellishments came from the Pretties Kit and Hodgepodge Hardware. So I ONLY used four punches for these four cards.

Hmmm... I tried making a set but do these cards even really go together????

So I am not sure I really accomplished my goal. Maybe I need to rethink it. In the meantime, I'll just enjoy these cards, wrap them up together, and pretend they're a set!

Thanks for visiting and stop by again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!