Friday, April 11, 2008

Elegant Buds

Last night I decided to try out Splitcoaststampers Featured Stamper challenge. They pick a stamper and challenge you to go to their gallery and copy a card but you have to change at least two things. So I participated in FS59 and this is my card. The Featured Stamper is Amy who's blog is Pickled Paper Designs. See list at right for a link.

I pulled out the Bud Basics stamp set which I haven't used in ages and stamed the large flower 3 times, then cut out and layered together. I used Elegant Eggplant and Whisper White inks; Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White, Old Olive cardstock; Certainly Celery DSP; White taffetta ribbon and a rhinestone brad. The sentiment at the top is from the One of a Kind set.

You can see from this close-up photo that I curled the flower petals up to give it some dimension.

On a personal note, my daughter Lilly is back from California, which I am happy about. Luckily she left about half of her attitude behind, so things are much better. The melodrama with her boyfriend is mellowing out. Teenagers - who invented them???? I want my little sweet girl back!

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!