Sunday, June 8, 2008

Challenge cards

My arms are so sore from sanding, stripping, and staining but I had to get a few cards in... three actually.

This first card is Beate's weekend sketch challenge (WSC51) and I used the Always stamp set. I love the color challenges on SCS so I picked CC163 which is Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip and Pretty in Pink. What a pretty combo.

I embossed the bird in chocolate chip and then used markers to color in the flowers. I used my brand new Cuttlebug (WooHoo!) on the pink cardstock, scalloped and paper pierced the chocolate cardstock. Added some pretty ribbon and a sentiment (a little crooked).

This weekend I also discovered a brand new card sketch blog called 2sketches4you and so these two cards are based on the very first sketches on that blog. Go check it out.

I used Lovely Lilac, Apricot Appeal and Mellow Moss cardstock. The printed paper is from Paper Loft. I embossed the flowers on the edge, they are from the True Friend stamp set. The flowers are Prima flowers, ribbon from Michael's and I used SU rhinestone brads for the centers. This was a fun and quick card to make. Who's birthday is coming up???

This card uses Green Galores and Tempting Turquoise cardstock and patterned paper from daisy d's. The stamp is from one of the label sets - but I can't remember which one. Then I used silver hodgpodge, my three for you punch, tiny green buttons, and various ribbons. This card is bright and cheerful. It's much brighter in real life.

I missed making a card for Jen's sketch for you to try. She does that on Saturdays. I jotted it down for future reference though so maybe later this week....

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I love very much the bird's card .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did for Beate's Challenge! Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!