Monday, July 28, 2008

Going to Convention!!!!

I leave in the morning for Salt Lake City for Stampin' Up! annual convention and I am really excited. This is the 20th anniversary and I hear there will be lots of announcements. Plus, the new catalog will be revealed!!! Whew, I might be up all night doing last minute prep for the trip and because I'm all jazzed up!

Ok, so here is my convention swap. I made about 100 of these using the True Friend stamp set. I started with a Creamy Caramel cardstock base. Stamped the three bud flower in Creamy Caramel for the background. Then using markers I colored the one of the other flowers with Rose Red and Old Olive and stamped that on Whisper White. I also used these colors on the sentiment. I layered using Rose Red and Old Olive cardstock. The embellishments are Old Olive 5/8" grosgrain ribbon and a gold brad.I hope the other swapper like this card. It is so fun to see what stampers come up with and I can't wait to do some exchanges!

My second swap is for a technique swap for downline of the Advisory Board members. My upline is Barb Brimhall. She has been on the advisory board for 2 years. I used a 6x6 piece of Mellow Moss cardstock as the base. I used the Fresh Cuts stamp set and brown stazon for the image on Very Vanilla cardstock. I punched out a portion and colored it with Mellow Moss, Cameo Coral, and Always Artichoke markers. I layered that piece with Chocolate Chip and adhered it inline with the main image. I layered that onto Always Artichoke and Cameo Coral. I used a jumbo eyelet in the upper corner. The technique I was featuring is Spotlighting.

That's it for now! Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!