Saturday, July 19, 2008

Hmmmm....

This card is based on Laura's sketch #4 on 2sketches4you. I thought the band hanging off the edges of the card was an interesting addition. I did my best, but I don't love how this turned out.

I used Not Quite Navy cardstock as my base and same color ink to stamp the En Francais background on the lower half. The upper half has printed paper, again I think this is Basic Grey paper. I pulled a sparkly ribbon out of my stash to wrap around and I like that you can see through the ribbon to the decorative paper.

The extra long band is River Rock and Always Artichoke. The punch is by Fiskars that I've had for a million years and hardly ever use. Flowers by Fancy Pants, rhinestone brads by 7 Gypsies. Lastly, "friendship" is embossed in white and is from the Wonderful Words set.

I will be checking the 2sketches4you blog later to see how others interpreted this sketch. Today is "Saturday sketch for you to try" on Jenn's blog. And later I will continue my swaps.

This weekend is the Hot July Nights event in downtown Vancouver. I volunteer there every year to help out the Hough Foundation. The bands are so fun to listen to. Last night was Peter Frampton and tonight is the Beach Boys. That will be fun.

Have a great weekend and happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!