Friday, October 24, 2008

Come for some "Afternoon Tea"

Both of these cards have a bit of Afternoon Tea designer series paper. That makes for a similar color scheme as well: Groovy Guava, Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla. On this first card I purchased an embosslit and gave that a try. Fun! It frames the butterfly quite well I think.

I made this card so long ago that I can't remember if I was using a sketch or my own little brain. The stamp set is the Live Your Dream set, which I love! Unfortunately it's retired. Hmmmm... seems like I have been using lots more retired sets lately. Gotta focus on some current sets, like the one used for the card below...

I made this card for the OCC anything but a square/rectangle" challenge. I have never used these scallop circles for a card. I did make that fab little purse that was floating around blog land for awhile (see Stamps, Paper, Scissors) for the tutorial that Jan Tink put together. She is so funny. I love reading her blog! Anyway, I thought this would be perfect for the challenge because it was already not a square. The set is Embrace Life and I had fun coloring all the little blossoms. Lots of cutting though... I admire all the stampers out there that do so much cutting and coloring. It's so worth it to achieve a great image.

I'll post again tomorrow cuz I have even more cards to show you! Weird, huh?

And for those of you in the Vancouver, Washington area, come visit me tomorrow at my part-time job. I am learning to be a barista at Mugs, just south of Winco on Highway 99, next to the Blind Onion. We make yummy beverages and we have pastries too!

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog through the Wish Rak thread.

    I like that embossed square with the butterfly in it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!