Sunday, November 2, 2008

HA! Bet you didn't think I'd post again so soon!

So these two cards are from sketches of a week or so ago. The first one is one of Beate's sketches. I has some leftover BoHo paper. I used Pumpkin Pie and Very Vanilla. A very simple color combo. For the half circle at the bottom I used Boho Backgrounds. Even though I used my circle cutter it looks lopsided. You can't really tell but the PP cardstock is textured. The ribbon is the wide grosgrain. Don't you love all the new ribbon options in the SU catalog?

Wow, November is here. How was your trick-or-treating? The weather here was SO NICE! Totally unbelievable. It was rainy in the morning so I was thinking there would be no way it would be dry in the evening, but it was. And warm enough to leave coats at home!

Lillianna went to the movies with her boyfriend. She had received her first paycheck so I think she was excited about that. Emily and her boyfriend did go trick-or-treating but not to too many houses. Down the street was a haunted house that we went through. It was a fundraiser for an organization that gives out pet food to families in need. So the entry fee was pet food. A great idea and a fun and scary haunted house.

It was kinda funny.... I was already in my jammies (I change the minute I get home from work) and Emily gave me her fairy wings to wear when we walked down the street. Some kids thought I was dressed as the tooth fairy and asked my if I was passing out candy, heeheehee. I told them the tooth fairy would never pass out candy! Cuz it causes tooth decay!

This second card is with my new favorite stamp set, Season of Friendship, from the Winter Mini. I based this one on one of Jen's sketches. The colors are Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, and Kiwi Kiss, plus a smidge of So Safron. The striped background is Basic Grey Mellow. I also did some paper piecing and distressing. I like this card alot.

I signed up for the WishRAK group on Splitcoaststampers which is where you can request wishes of stamped images or suppliles that you don't have. You wish and you grant wishes. So I wished for images of Stamping Bellas. I always feel so guilty when I use stamps from other companies, heeheehee. Anyway, my wish was granted with Teddybella, a pregnant bella carrying shopping bags. I just finished it so I'll photograph and post it later (maybe even today).

Today is a lazy day. I am still in my jammies and have been sitting at my craft table. It's such a mess I can hardly work but I'm not going to clean it. I am going to make more stuff (and more of a mess). You should go create something too!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!