Saturday, February 7, 2009

Big Blue Butterfly!

I created this card for a color challenge on Nichole Heady's blog. I used Stampin' Up! colors rather then PaperTrey colors. Here they are: Real Red, Old Olive, So Safron and Soft Sky (with Baja Breeze ink for the sentiment).

I used a new Sizzix for SU butterfly die cut. It's cool! For the background I embossed a piece of watercolor paper with a Cuttlebug embossing folder in my Big Shot. Then I watercolored the flowers with the colors I mentioned above. After that I used my SU spritzer to add a little Close to Cocoa and Sahara Sand.

This card looks fresh and springy! I like it. So really, are there blue butterflies??? I have no idea...

1 comment:

  1. I love your spring-like card.
    Great colors.
    And I do believe that there is at least one kind of blue butterfly.

    Love,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!