Sunday, March 29, 2009

It's a beautiful day!

This layout is for my Life Well Crafted class taught by Kolette Hall at Big Picture Scrapbooking. The album we are creating is called Life Tunes and each month we create a layout that includes lyrics from an uplifting song. The song for March is by U2 (one of my most favorite bands) and the song is Beautiful Day. I'll have to compile a CD of all the songs to listen to.

I've been using Heidi Grace Winifred Street papers and embellishments throughout this album. I love the soft color palette. I just hope that I have enough of it to finish the album since it's not available anymore.

The bird is handcut out of a transparency and painted with Making Memories paint and his eye is gem from KI. The arrow is Tim Holtz grunge board also painted. I also used the gems on the vellum strips. They hold my journaling.

The strip along the middle says "if I had my life to live over..." and my reponses were:

  • ... I would think things through
  • ... I would take things slowly
  • ... I would value every minute more

Those are my lessons learned and I hope I can keep them in mind throughout the rest of my life.

Thanks for joining me this morning! I hope you have a creative day!

Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!