Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mother's Day project

Wow... where have I been? Obviously not here! It seems like forever since I've posted. I am busy learning Twitter and plan to be on that soon too. My Crafter's Club met for the first time and our next get together is coming up next week. I am busy planning projects for them! Could be we'll do the projects that are on the cover of this month's Stampin' Success magazine.

Exciting weekend ahead... my daughter Emily is a Clark County Youth Commissioner, which is an advisory board to our Clark County Board of Commissioners. They work on county policies that relate to youth. She is also on the Youth House Visionary Team. The Youth House provides a teen hotline and a suicide hotline as well as other services. Anyway, the Youth Commission also presents the Youth Achievement Awards that recognize about 300 young people for the good things they do in several categories. The commissioners design the pins given to the awardees as well as come up with the theme (adventure which Emily suggested) and all the speeches. Both of my girls will be receiving recognition. As a commissioner, Emily will be presenting the courage category. She will be speaking in front of a crowd of about 1000 people. We bought a really cute formal dress (the boys will be in tuxedos). Can you tell I'm a proud mama???

Ok, on to a recent project! I volunteer at a nearby elementary school as a Lunch Buddy. So every week I meet my buddy for lunch and we read or play games or just talk. We decided to do a Mother's Day project together over the last few weeks. This is how it turned out!

We made a card, gift bag and stamped candle. Love this technique and I do it fairly often for gifts. It really has the WOW factor!

We used the Season of Friendship stamp set and several colors: Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Kiwi Kiss, Real Red and Summer Sun. We used two bits of ribbon: 5/8" red grosgrain ribbon and red gingham.

My lunch buddy really enjoyed this project and couldn't wait to give it to her mom. I can't wait to find out how much her mom liked it!

Next up, Father's Day.....

Have a great day! Thanks for dropping by!

Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!