Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wish me luck!

I have decided to try out for a design team for Sheetloads of Cards. Remember how I raved about this publication in a previous post? I decided to use the February 2009 issue and create these 3 cards (plus an additional card) and a framed photo of Lilly as my "beyond the card" project based on the sketch. Wish me luck!

For this card I closely followed the sketch along with the suggestions of which layers should be cardstock and which should be patterned paper. This card was created with the Botanical Blooms SAB set. The printed papers are from the Basic Grey Lilykate collection. I love how pretty those papers are. I used Kiwi Kiss, Pink Pirouette, Close to Cocoa and Whisper White cardstocks and Chocolate Chip and Pink Pirouette inks. The flowers were made with the Bojo Blossoms punch and a flat backed pearl from the Pretties kit. I also used the Kiwi Kiss/Very Vanilla satin ribbon. The sentiment is very tiny and reads "to thine own self be kind" which is something I completely agree with!

I pulled out some paper and embellishments from a kit I bought at the Portland CKU Scrapbooking convention. What a crazy shopping day that was! I turned the sketch on its side for this card. The printed paper is from the Crate Paper Lemongrass line. I don't know about you, but I love lemongrass! I used vellum as one of the layers because the paper is too cool to hide. Besides the base I eliminated cardstock completely. In this one the patterned paper strip (the flower border) is in front of the image rather than behind. The image is from the Good Friend set and I watercolored inside the letters with Kiwi Kiss. The floral border is glittery although you can't see it. I used Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon and HodgePodge hardware with a bit of ribbon tied to it for embellishments.

This card would have been a great one for Valentine's. I used Verve stamp sets called Sweet Valentine and Hearts on Fire for this one. The heart on top is popped up with a dimensional. The paper is from the Kiss and Tell collection by My Mind's Eye. Cardstock colors are Rose Red and Shimmery White. Again I substituted patterned paper for a cardstock layer. Ink colors are Rose Red and Basic Gray. I used Fancy Pants flowers with center pearls from K by Marcella. The flourish, which takes the place of the slim patterned piece along the side, is a Tim Holtz Grunge chipboard piece. There is a pattern embossed on it but it's really hard to see. I painted it white with Making Memories scrapbooking paint. There are little mini pearl in the curves of the flourish... can you see them? I used the label punch to punch out the sentiment and cut it in half. I was just thinking I could have put Crystal Effects on the stamped hearts, that would be pretty. I guess I still can do that, huh?

This is such a pretty photo of Lil. She was going out to a school dance so I had to take some photos. I used Basic Grey Marrakesh collection here for the patterned papers and embellishments. Really Rust and Pacific Point cardstocks matched wonderfully for the two layers. I used Making Memories rubon letters for her name. I like to layer the pieces in back and in front of the glass for a different look. Also, the pieces look as though they are floating on the glass. The frame is from Target and the easel is from Fred Meyer. I really lilke how it turned out. I wish you could see the paper in the background better though. LOVE the Marrakesh line! I want to go to Morocco now (isn't that where Marrakesh is?). I think I gotta take another geography class or at least get a globe or something, heeheehee.

This last card is an extra that I made. It's cute. At first I was not so in love with these penguins, but they've grown on me. They'll never replace my little Cheep Talk birdies though! There is no stamping at all on this card... Just layers and vellum and cardstock stickers and rubons. Easy Peasy! Everything here is from Imaginesce except the base which is Not Quite Navy.

So that's it for me tonight! I have to put in some Stampin' Up orders and get myself to bed! Goodnight!

Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!