Friday, July 10, 2009

CASEing Mish

One of the blogs that I visit often is Michelle Wooderson's blog. I love her style and she makes everything seem so easy. Many times she photographs her pieces before photographing the final product. Today I decided to copy her. Take a look at this post. I thought it would be so fun to follow along. So I made the bottom strip just like she did, with inks and embossing, and pretty much copied her right along.

Here are my pieces. Kraft cardstock, patterned paper, little birdie scalloped circles, the embossed strips, ribbon, linen thread and buttons.

And here is my finished product. The base of the card is Kraft and I sponged a little Whisper White craft ink along the edges. I used a piece of SAB Delicate Dots paper in the middle. Of course I used my favorite Cheep Talk stamp set stamped in Baja Breeze with a little glitter on the wing. The ribbon is the SAB So Safron 5/8 grosgrain. The buttons are the retired In Color buttons and retired Not Quite Navy buttons. And Not quite Navy is the other color I used on this. Cute cards! It was fun to totally CASE another designer. I'll be doing it again soon!

Right now I am visiting Jennifer in Shelton. Very relaxing! Her daughter took me for a ride on the go cart - yeah, I saw my life flash before my eyes as we traveled through the woods on the crazy little go cart trail!

Hope you are having a GREAT weekend!!!

Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!