Saturday, August 22, 2009

Beautiful pink

This is the card I sent out to my hostesses from the past twelve months. Every year I invite them over for a free Annual Hostess Appreciation Brunch plus we make two projects. This year I have also encouraged them to bring a guest. Everyone deserves a really nice stress-free Sunday!

For this card I decided to use the latest sketch from Sheetloads of Cards. The paper is retired SU dsp called Bella Birds and I used a stamp from Thoughts and Prayers and a sentiment from A Beautiful Thing. I also used Close to Cocoa and Chocolate Chip cardstock and Chocolate Chip double stitched grograin ribbon. I stamped in Chocolate Chip ink on Whisper White and used rectangle nestabilitiesfor cutting, embossing and masking. You can just barely see the embossed edge. I masked that same edge and used the color spritzer tool and a Pretty in Pink marker to give the center panel just a bit of color. I rushed through the photography - sorry about the crappy photo!

I have been working on my class schedule and have September and October classes on my Web site now (http://www.desiree.stampinup.net/) so take a look and sign up to create something new! New this quarter are classes during the day and special class discounts for purchasing products at sign up. Fun class for kids and their favorite adult - Animal Crackers - on August 31.

On Thursday night I joined several of my fellow demonstrators at my upline's house for a Stamp Together. It featured MANY of the new products from the Winter Mini which starts September 1. There are so many cool items!!! I don't know what to order first!

Just a few exciting things: jewelry, Build-a-Bear, Digital Design Studio, holiday stamps, paper, embellishments! Forty pages of faschination! Need a mini? Contact me!!!! {desdm at msn dot com}

I am pooped! I opened at Mugs today ***Sunday, 8/23 is acoustic music night from 6-9pm *** and then spent the day cleaning and cooking for a small BBQ celebrating Lil's birthday. Yeah, it was supposed to be last weekend but the weather wasn't cooperating so we moved it. I am just going to crawl into bed and CRASH!

Have a creative day and thanks for visiting!
Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!