Sunday, April 4, 2010

A little two-step stampin'

Just in case you aren't familiar with two-step stamping, or need a refresher, I put together this little photo "how-to" for you. The only stamp set that I have handy is a retired set however there are several great sets in the catalog and some of them are ON SALE NOW! For this project I am using the masking technique along with two-step stamping.

First, I am stamping the outline stamps on a post-it and then cutting them out to create the masks. I stamped near the top of the post-it so that the sticky part is underneath my mask. That way they stay in place while I am stamping over them.
 
I stamped a row of leafy stems in Chocolate Chip ink along the bottom of my Very Vanilla cardstock.
Covering the stems with the mask allows me to stamp the next row of flowers without stamping on the leaves. I only cut two leaf masks so I'll have to move them over.
I've stamped the solid part of the leaves in Certainly Celery. You can see how the row of flowers appears behind the leaves.
Using the leaf masks again, I am stamping in Cameo Coral for the solid part of the flowers. You will notice that the solid part and the outlines do not exactly match up, they are designed that way.
Here I am using the flower masks that I cut out so that I can add another row of flowers.
Here you see the second row of flowers with Blush Blossom centers.
I trimmed the cardstock down a bit and sponged Chocolate Chip around the edges as well as adding a sentiment in Chocolate Chip ink. This piece is layered on Certainly Celery and Cameo Coral and adhered to a Kraft base. The ribbon is Certainly Celery twill, from Sale-a-Bration 2009.
Here is the end result. Thanks for stopping by. I hope that this inspires you to do a little two-steppin' yourself!

Desiree
Supplies
Stamps: Botanical Blooms (retired)
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Kraft, Cameo Coral, Certainly Celery
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Cameo Coral, Certainly Celery
Embellishments: Certainly Celery Twill (SAB 2009)

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!