Saturday, April 17, 2010

Very Vintage

I had so much fun creating this card. I cased if from the front of the summer mini catalog that has just been released. Several of my best customers received theirs already! If you didn't, let me know and I'll get one to you.

My card is a different color combo, uses different stamps and a embellishments. First I used a texture plate for the Barely Banana base but only embossed the front. Then I sponged a very light coat of Sahara Sand to bring out the detail. I layered a piece of Cameo Coral on that. Next I took a piece of Certainly Celery and distresed the edges a little and layered it on the Cameo Coral. I set that aside to work on the next layer.

The next part was to use a piece of Blush Blossom and age it. First I used Blush Blossom ink and the En Francais background stamp and stamped a very light background. Then I used the color spritzer with a Close to Cocoa marker. After that I embossed with clear embossing powder and the filigree stamp in the Frineds 24-7 set. I sponged a little Sahara Sand over that. Lastly I really distressed the edges but good! Tearing, separating paper layers, a little ripping, rolling, etc. I did a little sewing in one corner - by hand, not machine. I stamped the sentiment in Chocolate Chip.

Now on to the embellishments....

I stamped flowers from Friends 24-7 on Very Vanilla cardstock with Sahara Sand ink and then used Stampin' Pastels to give them some color. Next I covered the entire piece with Versamark and clear embossing powder to give it a nice shine. I used the Sizzix and Beautiful Butterflies die to die cut it. In retrospect, I think I should have sponged the edges a bit. I tied a bit of linen thread around the butterfly for a body and antenae.

I stamped the sentiments in Chocolate Chip on Very Vanilla and cut them out. I adhered "FRIENDS" over the same word on the Blush Blossom layer and adhered "24-7" where I would put the Very Vanilla Hodgpodge Hardware over it. I added a little fold of Certainly Celery satin ribbon under the hardware.

I love how the layers of texture look on this card so I decided to make a second one. It is very similar however I used the bird punch instead. And I added a pearl in the middle of the stitching.

Again, I love how both cards turned out. It is really nice to be able to case something, change it up a bit and make it yours.

I did use some soon-to-be-retired colors: Barely Banana and Cameo Coral. Stock up before they are gone!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Desiree

Supplies
Stamps: Friends 24-7, En Francais
Paper: Barely Banana, Cameo Coral, Certainly Celery, Blush Blossom, Very Vanilla
Ink: Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip, VersaMark
Other: Close to Cocoa marker, Cameo Coral and Certainly Celery pastels, linen thread, pearl, Very Vanilla Hodgepodge hardware, Certainly Celery satin ribbon, clear embossing powder
Tools: Sizzix Big Shot, Beautiful Butterflies die, Harlequin texture plate, Bird punch, distressing tool, paper piercer, needle & thread, sponge color spritzer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!