Thursday, May 27, 2010

Elements of Style Flower

I just love the Elements of Style stamp set. This is the first card that we made at my Very Vintage class. The tissue flower really makes the card!

I used Versamark to stamp the floral background on the Old Olive base and the torn More Mustard layer to add some interest. I used a wrinkled Soft Suede scallop border at the top and bottom of the Very Vanilla panel. Besides stamping in Soft Suede I also sponged in So Safron. I added Vanilla satin ribbon which is folded into pleats.

The flower is made of four layers of tissue cut with the Flower Layers die. I separated them and offset the petals. I used the three larger flowers. Next I put a brad in the center and crunched up the flowers. That took the most time because it's fun to squish the tissue and make it look just so. I ran a So Safron sponge over the tissue to give it a
I used a sketch from The Shabby Tea Room. That is such a lovely blog. little color. The I put a So Safron button threaded with linen thread in the middle.

Have a great day!
Desiree

Supplies
Stamps - Elements of Style
Cardstock: Old Olive, More Mustard, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla
Ink: Soft Suede, Versamark
Embellishments: tissuer, So Safron button from Button Latte, linen thread, brad, vanilla satin ribbon
Tools: paper distresser, scallop edge punch, Sizzix Big Shot, flower layers die

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!