Monday, March 28, 2011

Fabric flower

I saw this card on Schwoo!’s blog and decided to CASE it. I love the flower and I watched the video on how to make one with Gluber. I don’t have Gluber, so I cut a circle out of a piece of Stampin’ Up! Sticky Cuts adhesive sheets. The fabric strip that I had in my ribbon box was hand dyed with walnut ink and stamped with a leaf image. I got it at my local scrapbook store, Arts and Scraps.


The flower is fairly easy to make and will get even easier with practice. Using a Gluber would be better then the sticky cut circle I think because it seems that it’s more gluey. Maybe I am imagining that since I’ve only seen it in the video. I did end up adding a bit of glue here and there under some pieces of fabric as I went along.

The card is simple with the focus on the flower. I really like how it turned out. Besides the base, all other pieces are from my scrap pile.

SANY2043I am still having fun with my SheArt Workshop. Here’s one of my recent canvases. The head is a bit too big, but she’s in Paris so who cares, right?

Can you see the texture? Underneath her is a crumpled sheet of a McCall’s pattern, there are doilies, journal paper, textured paint, rub ons, and stamped images. 

Tomorrow I am meeting a guy I’ve been matched with on eHarmony. Wish me luck!

Happy crafting!
Desiree

Supplies - Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Just Believe, Vintage Vogue
Paper: Naturals, scraps of designer series paper
Ink: Soft Suede
Embellishments: Antique Brad, fabric strip

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!