Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Driving in my jammies

So on days when I am not going to work but still need to drive Emily to school I just go in my jammies. After all, no one is going to see me right? And as long as my hair isn’t crazy wild, it’s all good.

This morning I’m driving along and end up behind a woman who's car had stalled in a left turning lane. She was sitting in her car and didn’t have her blinkers on and we all ended up going around her. A few minutes later on the return trip I saw that she was still stalled and was now standing outside her car directing people around her. Poor gal was in a pink floral robe and slippers! I felt so bad for her, she must have been mortified! And just like me, I am sure that she thought she was just making a quick trip so why get dressed.

Now that I’ve seen that I’m thinking slipping on a pair of jeans is the way to go. No telling know when the old truck is going to put me in an awkward situation!

Recently I held my Spring Stamp-a-Stack. Everyone made four cards of four designs so I kept it really simple. Some of the products, like the Spring Vintage designer series paper, seam binding, and the Nature Walk stamp set are from the Occasions Mini.

Sunday I was out in Washougal with the Sew Desperate ladies for a card class. They are such a hoot! Over the next couple of days I’ll be working on my SheArt canvases. The last one I made looked awful! Maybe it was the beverage I was drinking, heeheehee! Since it's mixed media artwork, I have been able to use lots of my Stampin' Up! ink pads, stamps, reinkers, paper, ribbon and rub ons.  

Sale-a-bration is still going on for about another two weeks! Don’t miss out on getting free products, LOTS to choose from including stamps in the regular catalog.

Also for those interested in joining Stampin’ Up!, you get 15% off the price of your starter kit and a free bonus package worth $50. Take a look!


That's it for today. It's my mom's birthday (she passed away 9 years ago) and so I will toast to her with a good glass of wine. She would have been 69. I also thought it would be fun to find an age progression tool online and scan in a photo of her to see what she might have looked like today. Something fun and silly!

Have a great crafty day!
Desiree

Supplies (for top card)
Stamp sets: Nature Walk, Occasional Quotes (hostess)
Paper: Not Quite Navy, River Rock, Very Vanilla, First Edition Specialty Designer Series Paper 
Inks: Not Quite Navy, River Rock
Embellishments: Basic Pearls
Tools: sponge

2 comments:

  1. We have a blast too when you come out to Washougal to teach your classes.Loved this last one.You are a great teacher Desiree.I checked out your new adventure and I can't wait to see the results.I'm really interested in the mixed media.
    Till next time Babs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drive the kids to school in my pjs too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!