Creating a banner was a bonus project in the She Art Workshop that I took recently online. Christy used canvas fabric pages and spelled out dream. I used paint canvas and I only had three, so I spelled art. Take a look:
Ha, you can see my toes in the bottom of the photo, heeheehee. Each of the canvases is 6” x 8” and since I live in a rental, I will use the Command Strips to place them on the wall in my little studio.
I started out with a light sky blue paint as a base. Then I sprayed olive Glitter Mist over a doily. I stamped with Stazon and distressed with Ranger distress ink. I used stamps, rubons, and paint to add texture and color.
I didn’t have any templates for the letters so I jumped on my laptop and made my own. I experimented with different fonts till I found one that I liked.
I printed it and cut it out. Perfect. I used purple paint and then outlined with black ink. I used Mod Podge over the rubons and I also used a spray sealant. Then I covered the entire canvas with Mod Podge.
So not quite a banner since they will hang separately although I could use my Crop-a-dile to punch holes and string it up. Perhaps…
Have a great weekend!
Recipes – Oreo Cake Mix Donuts
6 hours ago