Monday, February 6, 2012

Catching up

Hello all,

charlotte 035Sweet little Charlotte is now 7 months old. She is crawling, standing, and getting around quite well. I just love her to pieces and spend almost all of my spare time with her. My craft room has been sorely neglected. The only thing that I’ve done in there recently is go through lots of stuff and make a pile of things that need to find new homes.

My creative endeavors

SANY2042Over the last six months I signed up for a few online classes and I’m behind in all of them… but I’ve enjoyed the inspiration and luckily I can do the creating when I want to. Those classes are She Art 2, Soul Restoration 2, and Spark Your Christmas.

Last Fall I was really lucky to get in to a local class taught by Melody Ross, cofounder of Brave Girl’s Club.  I SO admire her and when I found out that she was coming to Camas to do an art show and teaching an art class I could hardly contain myself. My piece is not quite done (no surprise there) so look for that in the future (no promises when, heehee). I was also lucky to get one of Melody’s art pieces during the silent auction.

I also took a couple of fun workshops with Denise (Junque Soiree) that were awesome. We created a fabulous “Wicked” banner for Halloween and some really cool mini scrapbooks. I am looking forward to more of those. It seems that scheduling time out of the house to be creative works the best for me these days.

Resolutions?

I decided that I really have to do something this year besides gaining another 10 pounds. I’ve done that 5 years in a row and it ain’t pretty. So it’s not really a resolution, more like just a decision that I need to do something.

MMEWBlack125pxSo this year I am taking Move More, Eat Well at Big Picture Classes. The Move More, Eat Well class is about documenting your year long journey to healthy living. I can’t say that I have been super successful in that area lately.

January was a hit or miss kinda thing but I am moving in a direction. One of our assignments was to commit to doing one thing. Could be a small thing, or a big thing. My one thing was to stretch every day. My massage therapist, Stefanie Adams, had given me two charts with stretches that would help with the pain I’ve been experiencing behind my left knee and some for overall body flexibility. Out of 31 days I did it 15. A mere 50%. OR Woohoo, I have a 50% success rate!!! YAY!

Valentine’s Day is coming up…

SANY1959Here’s a pretty card that I made for Valentine’s. I have several different ones that I’d like to sell – I need to find a little shop where I can do that.
I can’t possibly tell you the supplies that I used since I made it last year. It’s actually the a card front rather than a card that opens. It measures 4” x 6”. The base is a pretty pink. I used three strips of patterned papers and a piece of textured white that I stamped En Francais (retired Stampin’ Up! background stamp) in Soft Suede on to. In the corner I added a white pearl.

SANY1961I covered a chipboard heart in Real Red ink then covered it with glassy glaze and chunky clear glitter. I also tied a piece of lace to it. I layered the heart on to a bingo card that I added a bit of lace sticker to. 

Look at all the lovely glitter! I also really like the bit of lace sticker that I added to the bottom of the Bingo card. Originally it was white but I inked it up a little to give it a little pop.


NA_top

For those of you that are Stampin’ Up! enthusiasts, Sale-a-Bration is here!

Take a look at the brochure (pdf) and all the wonderful free items you can get when you spend $50 (before shipping/tax). When ordering online don’t forget to select me as your demonstrator to get the preferred pricing.

There are also extra free items when you host a workshop. Demonstrator kits are $125 plus you get designer paper or digital downloads for a whole year! Now that’s a great deal! Sale-a-Bration ends on March 31 so don’t delay.

Happy crafting!
Desiree

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh...your little Charlotte is precious...and what a smile!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!