Sunday, February 24, 2013

Susan’s calendar–part one

I know, it’s February, and I am just giving my friend Susan her Christmas gift… She is such a patient friend!

2013 calendar for Susan

Figuring out a gift for Susan was really hard for me this year. The past couple of years I’ve come up with an idea and then not finished it. In fact one of them is still sitting on my craft table 14 months later… I’m lame.

So an idea started percolating in my brain. I pulled out a bunch of Teresa Collins paper and embellishments that I had stashed away. And this cool wire hanging thingy was calling my name at Craft Warehouse – I just had to get it!

It took a while for the idea to gel until I decided on creating a calendar. Each of the tags is about 3.5 by 6.5 inches. I used chipboard that I had on hand. Each tag is covered with patterned paper from Teresa Collins’ Vintage Finds collection.

For the calendar, I found a 2013 one page calendar that I printed on Very Vanilla cardstock, trimmed down and mounted on black cardstock.

January through April are shown here…

Susan's calendar - January  Susan's calendar February
Susan's calendar March  Susan's calendar April

Most embellishments are from the matching collection except as noted:

January – clock face and arrow by Tim Holtz, snowflake
February – white felt, lace tape, red gem brad, various stamps
March – word plaque by Melody Ross, Zva Creative gems
April – rosettes made with Die-namics die, sprayed with Mister Huey Overdue mist

Parts 2 and 3 coming soon…

Do you think it was worth the wait?

Thanks for visiting!
Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!