Monday, April 1, 2013

A rock candy heart

Sweet hearts…

SANYO DIGITAL CAMERA

Forever ago I signed up for the “She had three hearts” workshop taught by Christy Tomlinson. Every once in a while I create a page for that art journal. I am WAY behind on doing the actual journaling, some day I’ll catch up. HA!

SANYO DIGITAL CAMERA

First, I glued a piece of text paper to the top of the watercolor paper. I went over it with sprays and stains.

SANYO DIGITAL CAMERA

The focal point is a patterned paper torn in the shape of a heart. I used an image transfer technique to add it to the page. Then I used punchinella and white or red paint to dab dots randomly over the page.

SANYO DIGITAL CAMERA

I used a stencil that I cut out of an manila file folder for the hearts. I used the hole part with red paints and stains. The heart shape I used to dab white paint around then I outlined the heart with a white poster paint pen.

SANYO DIGITAL CAMERA

I used Rock Candy Crackle Paint over the large heart. I love that stuff! After it dried thoroughly, I dripped Barn Door distress ink and wiped off the access. I think the overlapping hearts look cool. To frame the page I swiped the edge of the paper with distress stain.

It feels good to make at least a little progress in my classes!

Have a great week!
Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!