Sunday, April 7, 2013

My Life List

Do you have a life list? Or a bucket list?

lifelist-5

At work, we have this huge white board and from time to time someone posts a question. It’s entertaining to read it as I walk by and see new comments or answers. I try to guess which of my clever coworkers have responded.

A recent question was “what is on your bucket list?” and some of the answers were things like…
  • I need to buy a bucket first
  • Climb the ancient ruins
  • Australia
  • Save Lindsay Lohan
lifelist-7

In my bloghopping I’ve noticed quite a few people posting about their life lists.

Karen Walrond  posted on her blog, Chookooloonks, about creating a life list. Thoughts on how to go about putting a list of 100 +/- things that you want to do in your lifetime. Maybe they are simple things, maybe they are crazy, out-of-this-world things. Maybe you’ll cross some things off your list tomorrow, maybe some will never be crossed off.

lifelist-2

What about stuff that you’ve already done that should have been on your life list but you hadn’t created your life list yet, can you put it on and immediately check it off? Or maybe that could be the “I did it” list, a prequel to the life list?

lifelist-4

I don’t think I can create my life list in an afternoon. Of course, I would add to my list as I discover new things to do over time. But what I mean is that I think it will take me days and days to think about all the possibilities and dreams and desires that I would want on my list.

lifelist-3

My life list needed a place, so I created these pages in My Living Canvas book. First, I sprayed the canvas pages with different shades of blue. I ModPodged on scraps of paper next. I used stencils and paint to add a little texture. Stamped the title, then started adding my life list. I also have an area for stuff I’ve achieved so far.

lifelist-8

If you’ve made a list and posted it, I would love it if you would include a link. I think it would be fun and a great way to get even more ideas about the possibilities out there.

Lots to ponder….
Desiree

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that's a good idea to stop your life for a moment and think about what's going on and how your life-journey should go on.
    I think that should be one of my next projects...Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! If you create one, let me know, I'd love to see it!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!