Sunday, May 25, 2008

Colors of Spring

Happy Memorial Day!!!

I have been feeling unusually crafty this weekend. I love the color challenge CC167for this week on SCS and decided to use it with two sketch challenges. The first is Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge. The colors I used are Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, and Certainly Celery. What a great color combo! I broke out my Spring Silhouettes DSP which I hadn't even opened yet. I dyed the large flower from the Pretties kit and adorned it with punches from the Boho blossoms punch. A little celery grosgrain ribbon and white pearls and here you go!

For the second card I used Jen's Saturday Sketch For You. I think this is the second time that I have used one of her sketches however I check them out every Saturday morning. The color scheme is the same. I used the scallop punch and various circle punches. I used the Always stamp set.

The third item I made with this same color combo and papers, and stamp set - ok, so it was all out on my table already, might as well continue with it - was this little cute mini photo album. Check out the tutorial written by Angie (her blog is called schwooo!)! I finally did grab some other colors to make a second one. They go together really fast and the tutorial has great instructions and photos. I will be filling them with photos of each of my girls in the next day or two. And I am sure that I will be making lots more of these.

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, everything is beautiful!!! I've been wanting to play with those colors too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Desiree, your sketch challenge entry is gorgoeous. So are your other projects. Thanks so much for playing.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors! I really like the gray pearls :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all absolutely wonderful projects!!! Thx for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these are wonderful! I especially love the card with all the circles-nice layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! YOu have been busy! Great cards and I LOVE your little mini photo books! They turned out great! They will be so neat with pictures of your daughters in them. Glad you liked the tutorial and gave them a try! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work! Thank you so much for sharing with us!

    Loretta
    www.msrhetta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!