Saturday, April 5, 2008

How time flies....

Wow, time has really gotten the best of me... I have been neglecting my blog and not doing a whole lot of creative stuff lately. This Spring Break has been an interesting one. My oldest daughter, Lilly, is with her dad while my youngest daughter, Emily, is here with me. em and i have so much fun together. Last night we went to the movies and saw "The Other Boleyn Girl".

As for crafting, it's taken a back seat to the "Romeo and Juliet"-like melodrama that has unfolded with Lilly and her boyfriend - hence her visit to California. I really needed a break! Earlier this week, one of my co-workers asked me to make a card for his nephew's 2nd birthday and all I could think was: YAY! All I needed was a little kick start!

I made these three cards so he'd have a variety to choose from and was it ever great to work on a little something!!!

The first card is Blue Bayou with Only Orange and Whisper White. I used a Cosmo Cricket paper for the background. Then I covered the 2 from the Simon Onboard chipboard letters, dabbed on versamark ink with a sponge and embossed it to give it some texture. I finished off with "you're" from the Amazing to Zany stamp set and punched it out wth the 3/4" circle and then layered it onto a 1" circle. A little added touch are the buttons from Fresh Favorites and linen thread. This is my favorite of the three cards.

The second card uses Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip, and Friends and Flowers DSP from a long time ago. I used Whimsical Alpha stamps and a "2" stamp from another company. The balloons are from the Eat Cake set. I stamped and embossed them. This was a pretty simple card.

The last card I created with the Loads of Love and Loads of Love Accessories sets. Aren't the little doggies cute? The color pallette is YoYo Yellow, Tempting Turquoise and Real Red. I used watercolor paper an embossed the truck in black, then watercolored with watercolor crayons. For a change I took my time and I like how it turned out. I am using watercoloring more and more often. I stamped the background in Creamy Caramel (which I stamped off) and the Print Patterns background. Embellishments are Real Red brads and Real Red ribbon.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!