Monday, July 14, 2008

Sympathy cards

I've probably only made one or two sympathy cards in my life and they are so neccesary. Generally when the need for one arises it's unexpected and there is no time to make a card. Then its off to the store to buy one. Well, I decided it wouldn't hurt me a bit to make one. This card is based on Jen's sketch on i{heart}2stamp. Her sketches are awesome and I try to use them each week.

I don't think that I've ever used a circle on a card. I have a gadget called a Circle Scissor by EK Success. I actually have two... maybe some of you are like me. I don't have enough storage (still even after buying that cool storage unit a few weeks ago) so when I shop most of my items stay in the bag for up to a year. I know, it's absolutely crazy. I have 3 boxes that are full of bags with brand new stuff in them plus one whole side of my bedroom is just bags of stuff. Anyway, I wanted a Circle Scissor and had no recollection that I had one stashed in a bag so I bought another one. Heeheehee.

Ok, back to the card. I dug out this cool paper, maybe it's Basic Grey, I don't know and used it for part of my circle. I used Not Quite Navy, River Rock, and Really Rust to go with it. Then I pulled out my Close as a Memory and Painted Posies stamp set. Besides stamping there is a little bit of paper piercing in the corners of the Not Quite Navy and on the Always Artichoke strip in the circle. I stamped the flowers and sentiment on Very Vanilla. A little bit of cutting and punching, threading the ribbon through and there you go, a sympathy card ready when needed. Though I wish I never needed it.

I also had a little time to come up with a swap idea for convention. Only 16 days away.... Yikes!!!

By the way, kitten number two arrived this morning. He's a little grey striped thing, no name yet. I'll post photos of both kitties soon.

Thank you for stopping by. I love to get comments so please leave one!

1 comment:

  1. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS card!!! Thx for playing! Hugs-Jd

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!