Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Clearly, it's your birthday

Ok, it's clearly not the best photo... How do you photograph a clear card??? You can see my fingers in reflection. Hmmmm.

I used Ski Slope DSP on this card. I have lots of it left beccause I hardly used it when it was current. I don't know why, it's really cute. Love the color combo and patterns. The sentiment comes from the On Your Birthday stamp set.

I used the Matchbox Sizzix die for the label in Whisper White (on the outside of the front) and layered that on to Chocolate Chip (on the inside of the front). That's on the top of the card. Then the inside has a piece of Whisper White directly behind the Chocolate Chip layer for a personal note. Did I describe that clearly?

On the front I also added a button and a couple gems. It's a cute card and looks way better in person! But I hope you like it anyway.

Lately I've been crafting, tweeting, planning classes, working, reading.... Kinda busy.

Lil is registered for a class at Clark College. How did she grow up so fast???? Now if only she would get a job! One good thing is that she is really stepping up as far as chores and keeping the house clean. Today she mowed the yard too.

Em and the other Youth Commissioners presented recommendations to the Board of Clark County Commissioners regarding the county's diversity policy. I watched for a bit. Part of the presentation was a song using the tune for YMCA with lyrics they came up with related to diversity. They passed out the lyrics to everyone, even the Board and asked them to sing along (and they did!). There's only one week left to order fabulous retiring product. Don't miss out cuz you know you'll be sad if you don't get that one set that you've wanted all year!

Well, back to the craft table! Making samples for my next class. Thanks for stopping by! Chat soon!

Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!