Tuesday, April 9, 2013

12 Tags of 2013–April

12 Tags of 2013 - April
This was a fun tag to make. Tim Holtz’s techniques were all about creating a patina look using Distress Paints.
I don’t have all of the supplies that he used so I did have to make some substitutions.

I’ve run out of the manila tags so I just cut a piece of watercolor paper. It generally works well for the techniques.

The Distress Paints that I used were: Broken China, Salty Ocean, and Wild Honey. To add a little metallic to it I had to substitute Bronze Distress Stain and for the green I used Peeled Paint Distress Stain.

I do really like the creamy texture of the Distress Paints. Soon I plan on getting the metallics. The colors blend really nicely.

The stamp is from the Tim Holtz Sewing Blueprint by Stampers Anonymous.

12 Tags of 2013 - April

The clear surface that Tim stamped on is called Clearly for Art, but I didn’t have that (hadn’t even heard of it) so I grabbed a piece of transparency. Clearly for Art can be heated and shaped. I’m gonna get me some! Don’t try heating a transparency… because it curls up and gets brittle. Yep, tried it…

12 Tags of 2013 - April

So after stamping on the transparency, I cut it out and kind of folded it in half to give it a little dimension. Then I used Glossy Accents to glue it in place.

12 Tags of 2013 - April

I patina’d some letters and metal embellishments using the same paints and stains. The triangular piece is something I made in the Molten Lava class I took recently.

12 Tags of 2013 - April
The ribbon was colored by swiping  Broken China paint and Bronze stain on it.

So this is my tag. Did you make  a tag for April?

Busy time ahead… I won a spot in Jeanne Oliver’s The Journey of Letting Go mixed media class that started today (yay!) and she extended a second spot to each winner to give to a friend. So I picked my daughter, Lilly, who is getting back into sketching and painting. I can’t wait to share art with her! So thankful to Jeanne for her generosity.

Second, I’ll be at Terri Brush’s Spring Art Camp at Lincoln City. So fun. It starts on Thursday evening and runs through Monday morning. My very first art retreat! WooHoo!!!

What are your weekend plans?

Thanks for visiting!
Desiree

Edited to add: This tag was a winner!!! So excited!!! Thank you all for the well wishes.

35 comments:

  1. Beautiful! The colors are so appealing! You are a lucky girl, Desiree...winning two classes...I think a trip to Vegas is called for! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy!

      Yeah, I bought a couple lottery tickets but no winners!

      Delete
  2. I love your take on the April tag! Beautiful! I have to check out that Molten Lava technique - it is awesome! Really nice tag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Molten Lava is really cool. Try it!

      Delete
  3. Great interpretation of the TH Tag!
    I love your detail with the clothes hanger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog! Thanks for popping in this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This tag is just fantastic. I loved your originality! If I were voting for a winner - you would get mine. The balance of simplicity with just the right amount of detail - superb~~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really liked this challenge.

      Delete
    2. Congratulations on your winning tag! It is so lovely! Such a great dress form and background and love how you used SEW. Perfect!

      Delete
  6. LOVE the dress form here!!! It's SEW fun! Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many congratulations on your win! I love how you used the dress form stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty tag! Love your take on it! that hanger clip is so cute. Congrats on the win! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your win!!! I knew you would!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great take on the tag, and the acetate looks fantastic! Congratulations on your win!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your win, it's well deserved !!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your take on Tim's April tag. Perfect background to set off your stamp and embellishments. Congrats on the win!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Deseiree,
    I LOVE this tag...I saw Michael pinned it and thought he'd done it. But you are the wonderful artist that created it! BRAVO!

    ~Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've been a very lucky crafter winning all these recent gifts! Congrats!! I like how your gave dimension to your blueprint too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, thank you. I've been very lucky lately. I bought a lottery ticket too just in case, heeheehee!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading them!!!